Friday, July 09, 2004

permission

I'm reading this book right now. New Way to be Human, by Charlie Peacock.

It gives me permission to not have all the answers. I love that. For years I've felt so lacking as a Christian. Why do I still have so many questions about God and faith and most Christians have all the answers? Why am I not satisfied with a lot of these answers when they are? Am I a heathen because of that?

Well, no. Thank You, God.

Questions are good. I've always known that. But still, I've felt a little guilty about it. If you're reading this book, or have read it, let me know what you think.

grace,

lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin Lee Hatcher said...

Hey, Lisa. I remember my pastor saying about a year ago, "God is not afraid of our questions. It's okay to ask God 'Why?'" I loved hearing that from the pulpit. And just two weeks ago my pastor also said there were a lot of things about God and Christianity he didn't understand. That's where his faith came in. Mine, too. That's where I am at. Being okay with questions. Being okay with not knowing the answers. Anyway, I'm glad you're sluffing off the guilt about the questions, etc.

Your friend in Boise.

July 10, 2004 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home