Friday, June 11, 2004

pray for me -- i'll soon be on the CBA floor

I leave Monday afternoon to visit my best friend in Nashville. CBA (The Christian Booksellers Association) Convention in Atlanta after that. I'll give you updates during my time there.

Pray for me that I just don't lose it.

One publisher actually has an acrylic booth that wizzes money around your head. People get inside, scratching the air, groping for those holy papers. But it's at CBA, right, so it's okay to make a fool of yourself for money.

That booth provides some real ironic symbolism, a small picture of a lot of what is wrong with CBA in general. Now, if they made you wear an overpriced cross necklace while you're in there, that would be even better! 'Cause . . . if you're wearin' a cross necklace . . .

grace,

lisa

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said...

Oh, my. The booth sounds woefully inappropriate for a Christian convention. But won't you be tempted to try? *g*

I'll pray for you! I'm so enamored with your writing, and feel you are one of the authors who is bringing in a more realistic, seeker type approach to her writing. I pray the Holy Spirit gives you direction in every step you take at the convention.

And give us an update when you return! I'm looking forward to it.

Donna
Devotionals by Donna

June 11, 2004 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kidding, right?

No, of course you're not, because this blog has nothing to do with fiction.

Yes, there is plenty wrong, isn't there?

No wonder I have no problems with the thought of dying in obscurity.

June 11, 2004 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Lisa,

We truly will pray for you and will look forward to your honest blog postings on CBA.

I bought one of your books yesterday from our local CBA bookstore. The opening is great and I look forward to reading it.

I wish you every blessing and may you be a prophetic presence at the trade show. May God guard your peace.

June 12, 2004 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Please tell me you're kidding about the booth. *sigh*

Have a blessed journey, Lisa. I look forward to reading about your adventures!

June 12, 2004 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

unfortunately, i'm not kidding about the booth! there are also the testamint candy people with their slogan "reaching the world one piece at a time." Excuse me? It's candy folks. You can slap a bible verse on there but it's just a piece of candy that rots your teeth and make all the kids hyperactive so they can't possibly listen in church!<:-)
you all are great! thanks so much for posting faithfully. it's nice to know you're not alone out there isn't it?

June 12, 2004 at 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could interview God. I mean, not just pull quotes from the Bible about our behavior, but ask Him what He thinks of all this commercialization of Christianity.

Something tells me He isn't too happy.

Do you know anyone who has come to Christ through a Testamint (or whatever they're called)?

Oy Vay.

June 12, 2004 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home