Sunday, July 11, 2004

new boyfriend, new verb

Barbie's ditched Ken. Aussie "Blaine" is her new guy. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. My gosh, how many years was the poor girl supposed to hang with Mr. Plastic without a marriage proposal? I say over forty decades is long enough. Most self-respecting women would have given Ken his walking papers years ago.

Tyler told us the news today. We had friends over for dinner this afternoon. Their nephew joined us, a really cute, blonde boy named Carl.

Will asks, "Ken didn't work did he?"

Nancy - "Well Barbie sure was busy. She was a stewardess, a doctor."

Me - "A teacher."

Will - "Yeah, so what does Ken do?"

Carl - "He Barbies."

Yep, that's right. Ken barbies. And that's pretty much it. No wonder she's given him the kiss-off.

Will - "I had a G.I. Joe. We blew him up with an M-80."

I guess maybe Ken doesn't have it so bad afterall.

grace,

lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home