Saturday, July 10, 2004

requiem

Tyler turned to me in the car today as I was driving her to a friend's house to sleep over tonight.

"Mom, isn't it sad, that someday in the future, some of the songs we love so much will be completely forgotten? It will be like they were never written at all."

"And think how many already fit into that category, Tyler? How many wonderful songs will never be heard again?"

"Yeah. It's sad."

"I know."

We were silent for a while. Then moved onto other topics. I'd like to lay down some lovely spiritual insight right now, but no, I'll resist. Sometimes it's okay to be saddened by the way things are.

grace,

lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger michael snyder said...

Lisa,

I wonder if heaven will have some cool cosmic juke box where we can select lost tunes. Or snippets of inane conversations with our kids. Or all those "great" ideas for a line or a story. Or maybe even pieces of wacky dreams...

July 12, 2004 at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home