Thursday, May 20, 2004

sisters sisters

"There were never such devoted sisters."

I want those days again. We just watched White Christmas, which we view all year 'round. I want a robin's egg blue lace dress with a big feathered fan. I want to be the floor show in a Vermont lodge. I want to break out in song, in perfect harmony with a coordinated two-step no matter what the hour. I want to go to parties where people sit around the piano and sing while women pass out champagne. I want to smoke and not know it'll kill me. I want to watch The Ed Harrison Show.

I want Vera Ellen's legs.

grace,

lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said...

I should follow your lead and watch my holiday movies this summer. I never seem to have time during the holidays.

I love "The Bishop's Wife." When I was a girl, my mom would swoon over Cary Grant. "Oh, isn't he handsome, Donna?" And I'd squint at the TV to try to see what she saw in him. By that time, he was white-haired and wore those big black glasses. It wasn't until I started watching old movies that I understood what she meant.

My family loves "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." That should tell you a bit about our sense of humor!

Hmm...I'm in the mood for some fruitcake and twinkling lights.

Donna

May 20, 2004 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home