Sunday, June 13, 2004

love the comments!

It's so good to be in community with you all! I love reading what you have to say. That yesterday's blog about how people "do church" touched a chord is no surprise. Bottom line, we all want to worship "in spirit and in truth." To some of us, that's free form, artistic, the-more-gifts-utilized-the-merrier. Others want quiet contemplation and "reverence." Although I'd have to question whether quiet always equals reverence. To revere is to hold in high esteem isn't it? What better way to revere is there than to serve?

Which is why I'd never be content in an old fashioned church with only an organ or piano. Imagine all the people out in the congregation capable of great music sitting there mute because someone prefers organ music. If our worship leaves the giftedness of that particular body out in the cold, it can't be at all complete.

I don't know what the answer is, but I love reading what you all have to say, what you've experienced. Just goes to show that, as Will always says, God is busy.

Off to Nashville at 3 a.m. tomorrow. Yikes! And thanks again for tuning in you all. I'm so enjoying the repartee!

grace,

lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Yes, we're all different, aren't we? It makes for a wonderful diversity in the body of Christ.

I listen to Christian rock music most of the time, but I've always believed that Sunday should be different, set apart from the other six days of the week. And I can't think of any more beautiful music than the simple sound of unaccompanied (or with very little accompaniment) voices singing praise to our Lord. I know most people would disagree with me (and that's okay, I don't mind being weird), and I would never want to hinder someone's gift, but I do believe Sunday worship should just be different.

Drive/fly/choo-choo safely, Lisa!! And I'd love to read all about the booths at CBA. I still can't get over that money whirling booth. I definitely had to "take a moment" in true Ally McBeal fashion for that one.

June 13, 2004 at 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe trip, Lisa.

June 14, 2004 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home