Thursday, July 22, 2004

recipe for disaster

Found this in Tyler's Psych textbook.  It's best read out loud in a Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy voice.

The Gestalt Prayer
 
I do my thing, and you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
You are you and I am I,
And if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped.

Source: Frederick S. Perls, Gestalt Therapy Verbatin (c. Real People Press, 1969.)

grace,

lisa

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hung on my wall back in the seventies. Funny in a tragic sort of way, huh? No wonder I was so screwed up back then...
Suzan

July 22, 2004 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I never saw that poem or poster, but I did see the Desiderada and "Free your mind and your ass will follow."

I like to interpret the latter differently now that I'm a Christian.

July 22, 2004 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home