Wednesday, July 14, 2004

what we're reading in the car

We've got this book going for read-aloud in the car. Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke. It's imaginative, vivid and well, we just like it is all! Great for all ages. Even Will is enjoying it. If you're squidgy about "darkness" take a pass. I don't take that kind of responsibility!

Gwynnie likes it because there's a character named Gwin, a little marten that lives inside a backpack.

Don't you love children's literature? What's one of your favorites? Remember The House With a Clock in Its Walls? I loved that book! And you know, I still get lost wandering On the Banks of Plum Creek.

Holy crap! Just looking on amazon for that link, I've discovered there's an entire industry built up around Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Anyway, maybe we should read children's lit more, don't you think?

grace,

lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Inkheart...good read! Technically I listed the unabridged audio, as I do with a large amount of children's lit during my commute, but still a good story.

Plus as author names go, Cornelia Funke is just sweet.

July 14, 2004 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger bobbie said...

thanks for the head's up, we're looking for some good summer reading!

July 14, 2004 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home