Tuesday, September 07, 2004

never even made it to Ashton Kutcher

Started to watch The Butterfly Effect last night. I didn't last for more than thirty minutes. The cruel brother of the sweet, blonde girl did it for me when I saw he was about to light a dog on fire.

I don't know if there's something wrong with me. I know there's evil in the world. I'm not completely naive. But cruelty for it's own sake, or to gain something for one's own self, is something I can't handle. In a movie, or real life.

If you don't like cruel kids, don't watch this film. If you've got a stronger stomach than I do, and have watched the movie, let me know if I can swing past that part and actually get something out of the film.

grace,

lisa

3 Comments:

Blogger timsamoff said...

The movie really is worth watching -- it's not just about cruel kids... And the ending is a pretty good twist too.

September 7, 2004 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Kevin Payne said...

I was freaked out by the movie "The Good Son" personally. I think violence in certain films doesn't really get to me, but when its something that might actually happen I get a bit freaked. If they are going to light a dog on fire I probably won't see it. It sounds bad, but sometimes I think I have more compassion for animals than people.

September 7, 2004 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

thanks for the warning on this one lisa. it's on my netflix queque, i think i might take it off now.

September 11, 2004 at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home