Wednesday, July 28, 2004

this just in from the nightstand

I finished Bring 'Em Back Alive last night.  Honestly, folks.  A must read. Dave Burchett is hilarious as well as insightful.  And he lets no one off the hook.  I like that.

I just began reading Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli.  Only a chapter in and I think, "What did he manage to crawl inside my head when he was writing this book?"  If you feel like a misfit Christian like I do; if you feel like you don't read the Bible enough, pray enough or just be "spiritual" enough; if you're tired of reading books by perfect white men in suits - this is the book for you.

grace,

lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

the coolest thing was that he lived it too, no holes barred messy. god i miss him.

July 29, 2004 at 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike's book changed my life. It liberated me. It's probably been one of the most influential books (other than the Bible, of course) in my spiritual life, along with the Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning. These men are faith hero's, making God accessible to those of us who are wounded, which is most of us.

July 29, 2004 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home