Wednesday, September 08, 2004

me an' gloria gaynor

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Being home all day with all three kids
Just how would I survive?
I've spent many sleepless nights
Thinking how this could go wrong
But I tell myself that we'll just learn to get along.


Oh no don't go, you shut that door
You've still got history
A little science and there's more
I tell you it's not time to play
You've got swimming now I say
But we'll survive,
We will survive . . .


Oh, I . . . I will survive
As long as we can get on-line
Our homeschool stays alive
Only two complaints a day
Respect each other or you pay
And eat alone
In the dining room, hey, hey.

I'm sayin' don't walk out that door
There's social studies, math and reading
Now your test grades can't be poor
You've got your whole life to live
You've got lots of you to give
You must survive, you must survive
Hey, hey!

Shoot, when you think about your child's future riding on you, it's just plain scary!

Actually, it went pretty well once we all got up and running on-line. We ended up starting almost two hours later than planned because, I assume, everyone was trying to log-on at once. We're doing The Jubilee Academy (www.thejubileeacademy.org) and it's great. I still have to teach, but no curriculum planning really. I jump from computer to computer. We're just plain wired here at the Samson house.

Thanks for the prayers. How's the school year going for you?

grace,

lisa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the song.

My daughter, who is in Kindergarten and is home schooled, threw a fit today about doing letters. She's on P, Q & R. She couldn't make the little q's to her liking, so she freaked out, threw down the pen and sat there, sulking.

I'm going to put her in a drama class.

September 8, 2004 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Heh heh. I actually sang your version of the song. The lyrics fit nicely. Good job.

That reminds me of a recent evening when George and Jacob returned from the store. As they entered I said, "You're back" and then, without premeditation, launched into ". . . from outer space, I just walked in . . ." while strutting toward them 70's style.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes a little survival soundtrack in life. ;o) (They ignored me, btw. I can't imagine why.)

Have fun with school! You will survive.

side note to Jules: drama class sounds like a plan!

September 8, 2004 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger upwords said...

Great song, Lisa! LOL I wish I could say for sure that we've started. In truth, we never stop. Being me, all somebody has to do is ask one question ("So, Mom who are you voting for? Can they do that on tv? What kind of butterfly is that?) and we're off... They know that usually if you ask about something, you'll end up writing a paper on it, interviewing somebody, taking a library trip, getting spelling/vocabulary words from whatever they ask me to spell and so on. We did Grace Academy (Jubillee before they had that) for about six months. It was cool, but some of the books never arrived and I couldn't keep up with the payments. My oldest daughter did enjoy it though. Her history teacher was an awesome guy. The CDs and books were cool too. Perhaps will try it again sometime. I'm glad to hear that you guys are settling in and that you still have a song. :) Don't forget the hipsway. Have a ball!

Blessings,
Mary G

September 9, 2004 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home