Thursday, August 12, 2004

the joy of cozy reading

"Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. "

Rita Mae Brown (Warning! Really ugly website alert!!!)

But I think she's spot-on with the quote! And she writes cozy mysteries, which is quickly becoming my new favorite genre for just sitting down and enjoying the read. I have Ron and Janet Benrey to thank for this. Their Pippa Hunnechurch mysteries were just delightful, and I'm presently reading the ms. for the first in the new series surrounding a Tea Museum in Tunbridge Wells England and enjoying it just as much as Pippa. I love these cozies!

Another author you might enjoy is a "wuhndaful" Englishwoman, Veronica Healy. Oh, these books are just precious and the woman can really turn a phrase as well. They're hard to find, unfortunately, but if you come across one, grab it! She'll soon be published with Zondervan so she'll be easier to find.

And then, there's always Patricia Sprinkle who does a bang-up job in her mysteries. It's amazing how, seven years after reading two of her books, I can still see the main characters in my head. Talk about vivid. I need to pick up some more. I just got that Amazon link and I'm WAY behind.

Like that's a shock.

grace,

lisa

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Lisa...loyal fan here! I just discovered your blog today, and it's awesome. Just wanted you to know I immediately put it on my links page: http://www.crossspot.net/cindyswanson/links.shtml

Also, sent you an e-mail. I'm delighted to find this!

August 12, 2004 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Hi Lisa...loyal fan here! I just discovered your blog today, and it's awesome. Just wanted you to know I immediately put it on my links page: http://www.crossspot.net/cindyswanson/links.shtml

Also, sent you an e-mail. I'm delighted to find this!

August 12, 2004 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Oops...sorry for the double post. Also realized that my link to my links page wasn't hyperlinked (how's that for frequent use of the word "link" in one sentence?)...but hopefully you can copy and paste it onto your browser.

August 12, 2004 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home