Sunday, August 08, 2004

sabbatical report

I've actually read some books that have done me good and God is slowly but surely settling my soul into a resting period. I find myself connecting with Him, in my head -- you know how that goes -- at all sorts of odd times and places. I find myself a lot more willing to trust Him now that I can't put my hands on the steering wheel. You know, He's doing a fine job. Well, He's always done a fine job, I've just always been sitting in the passenger seat under the delusion I'm actually driving the car.

So far, I've come to the point of realization that I pretty much don't know squat when it comes to most things and while I'm not really fine with that completely, I have to think that might just be what's on the agenda. To be fine with my limitations. Positively, though, He's busy, moving around, doing the divine waltz. I'm learning to recognize the dance and am really excited about jumping right out onto the floor and being swept away. But first, I think I'm being called to observe His moves, bob in rhythm a bit, feel the music and wait until He comes up and signs my dance card.

Still the punch is pretty good here by the wall and I've been eyeing those macadamia nut, chocolate chip cookies on the refreshments table.

grace,

lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Damoff said...

Nice thoughts, Lisa. The dance metaphor is one of my favorite for our relationship with the Lord. I love your picture of bobbing to the beat and observing His moves, waiting for Him to draw you into the dance. Great!

I wrote a sonnet about this very thing. It's buried in a bio on my website. If you decide you want to distract yourself from the macadamia nut cookies on the refreshment table, you can bop on over to jeannedamoff.com, click "about jeanne," click "long version," click "dance."

August 9, 2004 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

This resting place, Katy, is really more of an emotional resting place. My mind still rolls along at the usual pace, but I don't feel frantic. It's like my life still moves along, but that deeper, ancient part of me watches calmly from the sidelines.

August 10, 2004 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home