Monday, August 02, 2004

tooting one's own horn

"In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative original thinker unless you can also sell what you create. Management cannot be expected to recognize a good idea unless it is presented to them by a good salesman."
David M. Ogilvy

Well, doesn't this just make you want to stick your head in a oven?

I mean, I hope he's wrong. But I've been around long enough to know the drill, watching writers pass me by, saleswise, year after year after year, because they are shameless self-promoters. Why can't I have that kind of moxy? Why am I embarrassed to belly up to the bar?

Drat.

grace,

lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger upwords said...

Lisa,

Don't sweat it. We, your readers, will belly up to the bar for you...as soon as we find the bar. LOL As for the sales stuff, don't sweat it. It just means you're a normal writer and not quite as manic depressive as the rest of us. On one of my "ups", I could probably sell you your own teeth. Be glad you just have one containable self. :)

Blessings,
Marilynn Griffith

August 8, 2004 at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home