Tuesday, August 03, 2004

papa's got a brand new badge

Will works in DC. He gets to walk by armed guards now that protect his building under this new, heightened alert. Lucky us, his building is right smack between the World Bank and whatever the other one is that's been targeted. And he gets to wear a new badge that tells authorities he's supposed to be there. I'd like to say I've gotten used to this new way of life, but I just haven't. Oh, it's not that I'm going to stay indoors and cower under the bedsheets or anything, but living in such a volatile area sucks at times like this. And Will seems to find himself part of the action in one way or another. He's like that, tending to be in the thick of things.

Thank you, Al Quaeda. (And can somebody tell me the correct pronunciation of that? Is it Al KAY-da, or Al KI-da?)

grace,

lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,

I think Al Quaida is pronounced both ways at the same time. Al-Kay'-Ee-Da, except the ee part is really short. I think there may also be a little tiny break or pause between the kay and the ee, but then I don't speak Arabic.

August 3, 2004 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Wow, I thought as I read this post, it's come to this. Thanks for relating the media hype to the man on the street. Hopefully none of us are willing to get used to this.

August 3, 2004 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home