Friday, August 13, 2004

yuck

My nephew-in-law, Bill, took pictures of me yesterday for the new website my husband Will is building. The name William is big in both our families. My Dad was Bill, my brother is Billy. And that is why Jake is named Jake. But that's not what this blog is about.

So, Bill snapped the pictures on a digital camera, hooked the darn thing up to the 25 inch T-freaking-V! And there I was, all these age lines, looking, dare I say it (?), like a Clownie!!! There were a few usable shots, which attests to Bill's skill as a photographer, and after he touched up the obsidian laugh-lines, I'm not embarrassed.

But I'm looking older now.

I'm also looking chubby which is why I'm heading off to Weight Watchers this morning. I've never done anything like this before. Of course, when I was young, I could get on the diet pills for a couple of weeks and blammo, 125 on the scale once more. I tried diet pills a few months ago and let's just put it this way, me and Joan Crawford had way too much in common. I'd rather be fat than explosive any day.

But maybe WW will do the trick. I'll say it right here because I'm trying to hold myself accountable to as many people as possible. I need to lose 22 pounds to get back to my fighting weight. You do the math.

Old, wrinkled, and reporting in from the world of those whose breasts don't say howdy and need a thigh transplant . . . over and out.

grace,

lisa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya. I'm on South Beach, lost about 14 so far. I have 30 more to go. Hang tough!
Suzan

August 13, 2004 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger upwords said...

Lisa,

WW is cool peoples. Headed back this week myself. Don't expect skinny from me though if you meet me thoug. Not ever. Just trying not to fork myself into the grave. :) Look forward to hearing your great progress.

Blessings,
Mary G

August 13, 2004 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Thanks, guys! I'll keep you posted. And you know, they have great WW meals at Applebee's now! Woo-hoo! Just had a skewered terriyaki shrimp dinner that was only 5 points!

August 13, 2004 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Kevin Payne said...

being a guy who can lose weight at the drop of a hat (please don't hate me) you may ask yourself why is he writing this. But hey, I'm bored right now. My mother-in-law has been with weight watchers for about 2 years and has lost over a hundred pounds. I think a lot of it just has to do with self discipline and motivation. Weight watchers allows you to not have to deprive yourself of things, but to learn how to control your eating habits. I think it has really helped her quite a bit, as well as a walking program.

August 13, 2004 at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home