Wednesday, August 18, 2004

they're smarter than we think, ladies

Tyler read in her psychology book recently that, although this is instinctual and they are unaware of it themselves, men, when thinking about marriage, look for a woman with curves. Something inside them whispers, "That lady there can bear you children."

So to the curved, I say, nature's on our side! To the skinny people that work out 6 days a week and have 5% body fat or less, I say, nature is NOT on your side or you wouldn't be in the gym so much. Ease up a little and know that the word curvaceous is a delectable word for a reason! I swear, Titian was an absolute genius concerning his taste in women as well as his ability to handle paint.

And no, I have not fallen off my diet. But I've yet to get my feet in sneakers and get a move-on. Whew, I don't know about you, but this sure cheered me up!

grace,

lisa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm overweight, but when my then-future-husband and I were dating, he always commented on my curves. No matter how skinny I may ever get, I'll always have hips, thighs and a butt. It's my makeup, and I'm tired of having to apologize or feel bad about NOT being a stick. (I come from a family of sticks -- my mother is the "fattest" of her 4 sisters at 5'4", 125 pounds. The one sister is probably the same height, or maybe 5'3" and not even 100 pounds.)

I have issues ...

August 18, 2004 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger upwords said...

Lisa,
Titian is a genius. It's all relative. Like I said, I'm not trying to keel over with a heart attack, but skinny is never my goal. As my friend's husbands say,"Nobody wants a bone but a dog." I have always been "thick" as they say around my way. My father is Nigerian, where thinness is a sign of poverty and neglect! LOL An African man once came up to me when I was single and asked me to take off my shoes so he could kiss my feet! He was like you are so beautiful. My skinny friends were too through. LOL I'm tall almost six feet, so the concept of 130 pounds not being skinny is mind boggling. We all just are what we are. Those darn airbrushers have ruined the world.

Blessings,
Mary G

August 18, 2004 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger michael snyder said...

Not sure if I'm allowed to post here, being a guy and all...but I visited our local CompUSA today and came face to face with Sync Magazine, an ostensible techno-gaming-type rag.

The cover showed Ryan Seacrest's little brother and his two emaciated Barbie-doll friends enjoying, of all things, a cookout. Doubt they ingested the burgers or franks. More likely that they adopted the Frank Zappa diet of cigarettes and coffee - exclusively.

August 18, 2004 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Yes! I knew there was a very good and positive reason for my excess poundage! (Pass the fudge, please...)

August 19, 2004 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger MD Brauer, MD said...

All right another guy's point of view. Who in the world picks out the models for fashion shows? Talk about skinny. Curves are nice. In fact the word curve is sexy all by itself

August 23, 2004 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home