Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

We're heading off to Greenbelt Arts Festival today. And I am nervous.

First of all, we're camping. I've never camped before and I don't sleep well to begin with. I expect to disembark back here in America looking like something from Night of the Living Dead.

Second of all, it's Will's world I'm entering. When he was in politics and I'd attend fund-raisers with him, I was the woman standing by the steamed shrimp all evening. Meeting new people in someone else's sphere is extremely difficult for me. I'm able to camoflage it, but it's still a challenge. When I was younger, I didn't really care too much about being rude, so off I'd go with a book to the lobby to wait out the evening. Now, I do care about my manners.

So if you can wing a little prayer my way, I'd appreciate it.

The great side of it, however, is music, music, music! And this is where Will and I will show our differences. (Not that he doesn't love music. He's more well-rounded and enthused than I am when it comes down to it.) He'll be going to places where people will talk about Emerging, he will attending seminars and yakkfests, and will come back with lots of cool things to think about and write about. I'll go to concerts and art exhibits and come home refreshed, and honestly, with lots of cool things to thing about and write about as well.

If they have computers set up there, I'll blog. If not, grace, my friends, and I'll see you next week!

lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home